Welcome to California Horticulture

Hi there!

So, this is my first attempt at blogging. For some reason it feels like writing the annual, dreaded Christmas newsletter. The one that makes your friends groan upon receipt or laugh behind your back.

A little different, the blog will share information that I have gathered from the horticulture courses that I have taken and places that I have visited.

Concurrently, this blog might be used as my class project -- a photo journal of plants and places observed during field trips.

Pages

Purple Night Shade

BOTANICAL NAME: Solanum aviculare

COMMON NAME: Purple Night Shade

FAMILY: Solanaceae

PLANT TYPE: Shrub

LIGHT: Sun to light shade

BLOOM: early spring

COLOR: purple

HABITAT: Chaparral

COMMENTS: Not native to California. It has become naturalized in the wild. Has small five pointed blue/purple flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment