Welcome to California Horticulture

Hi there!

So, this is my first attempt at blogging. For some reason it feels like writing the annual, dreaded Christmas newsletter. The one that makes your friends groan upon receipt or laugh behind your back.

A little different, the blog will share information that I have gathered from the horticulture courses that I have taken and places that I have visited.

Concurrently, this blog might be used as my class project -- a photo journal of plants and places observed during field trips.

Pages

Coast Barrel Cactus

BOTANICAL NAME: Ferocactus viridescens

COMMON NAME: Coast Barrel cactus

FAMILY: Cactaceae

PLANT TYPE: Cacti, Shrub (stem succulent)

LIGHT: Sun

BLOOM: May - June

COLOR: yellow to orange flowers

HABITAT: Coastal Sage Scrub

COMMENTS: A medium to large cactus. Very spiny. Very drought tolerant. Included in the CNPS inventory of rare and endangered plants

No comments:

Post a Comment